Can Restoration Services Remove Smoke Odors from My Business?
If your office experiences fire damage, SERVPRO has the tools and training to restore your business to pre loss condition.
SERVPRO Arrives at Your Lynn Business Ready to Remove Tough Smoke Odors with Expert Fire Damage Restoration Service
Even the smallest fire leaves behind foul odors and damage within any commercial space that may keep you from regular operations. Knowing that you need prompt action to get your business back up and running, calling in the help of trained restoration technicians to your Lynn business is the best move. At SERVPRO, we have IICRC-certified technicians and the advanced technology necessary to get the job done fast.
How Does Smoke Odor Removal Work?
When called for fire damage restoration in Lynn, we arrive at your business to begin the initial assessment. Once the action plan is in place, we remove all charred building materials and any interior contents deemed unsalvageable. Any water left from extinguishing the flames gets extracted, and we start to focus on soot and smoke residue.
- Dry sponges allow us to pick up powdery soot
- Wet sponges and industrial-grade cleaning solutions help remove sticky, stubborn smoke residue
- All areas are tested before cleaning, which helps to ensure the best method gets used for the type of residue present
For tough smoke odors, we often use thermal fogging technology. With this process, our thermal fogging equipment puts out a chemical fog with odor-neutralizing power that reaches particles deep down in crevices and cracks. We also use air scrubbers to help remove odorous elements and particles from the air.
Whatever building materials are deemed unsalvageable, our team removes them, and everything is replaced with brand-new materials to bring your business back to preloss condition.
Fire damage restoration is something that we specialize in at SERVPRO of Lynn / Lynnfield. You can call us 24/7 to have a team deployed to your location in as little as four hours. We can be reached at (781) 593-6663.
We Can Remediate Mold From Your Lynnfield Home
SERVPRO can help remediate mold damage in your home. Call us today.
SERVPRO Can Remediate Mold Damage Inside of Your Lynnfield Home
Many situations could cause mold damage inside of your Lynnfield home. Mold spores are omnipresent and relatively harmless in their spore form. However, when exposed to excess moisture, they become active and cause many issues inside your home.
The mold damage in your Lynnfield home could damage your house's wooden frame as mold feeds off organic material. Furthermore, mold can cause health effects to the individuals inside of the home. Whenever you suspect mold damage may be inside of your home, it is wise to reach out for help right away.
Here at SERVPRO, we believe in being available when you need us. No matter what time you call, our technicians are ready to travel to your location with a van-full of advanced technology. Our technicians are expertly qualified for remediating the mold damage in your home and are certified by the Institution of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC).
When our SERVPRO technicians arrive at your home, they can get to work right away. The mold damage in your home came about by leaky plumbing in your bathroom. Thankfully, such a small space makes it easy to contain and remediate.
Our technicians can start by setting up plastic sheeting around your bathroom entrance to quarantine the mold damage. Furthermore, we can shut vents and ensure that any opening airborne mold spores could travel through is closed. Once we're ready to remediate, SERVPRO can set up an air scrubber equipped with a HEPA filter to pull mold spores from the air while we work.
We can begin to agitate the mold colony, scrubbing it away from any non-porous materials. SERVPRO can also remove any infected porous materials to ensure no remnant of the colonies remains behind. Our technicians can use a biocide to help stop future infestations from the treated area to finish things off.
When you need help, always reach out for it. Immediately contact SERVPRO of Lynn / Lynnfield by calling (781) 593-6663. No matter the time, we're ready to help.
How Long Before Standing Water Becomes an Emergency?
Let SERVPRO help you with water removal in your home.
Water Incidents in Your Lynnfield Home Call for Prompt Water Removal – SERVPRO is Available 24/7!
A water emergency is generally an unpredictable event that happens when you least expect it. Whether you had a washing machine malfunction or a pipe burst, you need to do whatever is possible to clean up any standing water. Time is of the essence, so waiting too long to have all water removed and your interior dried can lead to secondary damage within your Lynnfield home. Regardless of the water's origin, any unexpected flooding can put your flooring, upholstery, carpeting, and other areas of your property at risk. We are Faster to Any Size Disaster at SERVPRO, and we have crews ready to go 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
What Can I Expect When Calling in Skilled Restoration Technicians?
When you call SERVPRO to assist with your water removal in Lynnwood, you can count on our crew to handle everything from start to finish. Our flood and water extraction experts will:
- Offer helpful advice on minimizing damage to your interior and belongings until our Green Fleet arrives.
- Get started on a quick assessment to formulate a plan for cleanup, drying, and sanitization.
- Begin removing any standing water as soon as possible.
- Carefully extract water from your carpets and carpet padding below, as needed.
- Locate any areas where water may have migrated so that moisture is not left to fester.
- Treat any affected areas with EPA-registered cleaning and antimicrobial agents.
- Coordinate industrial air moving equipment and dehumidifiers to speed the drying process.
All of our water restoration technicians (WRT) are ready to adapt and work efficiently to meet our drying goals. When all gets wrapped up, your interior will be back to preloss condition, "Like it never even happened."
Call SERVPRO of Lynn / Lynnfield when you need us for water removal services at (781) 593-6663. We will deploy a crew to get to work within a few hours.
What Role Do Dehumidifiers Play in Lynn Water Restoration?
SERVPRO has the equipment for water restoration in your home.
When drying a structure, air movers and dehumidifiers are vital to promoting evaporation and managing moisture.
When it comes to removing moisture and promoting a healthy drying environment for Lynn homes after a water disaster, many tools and devices are necessary. Dehumidification is vital to the process because it removes water vapor from the air, lowering the humidity ratio. The lower this ratio, the more effective evaporation strategies become.
Because of how involved water restoration in Lynn homes often becomes, the right balance of these dehumidification devices is critical to reducing recovery time. The objective of the placement and running of moisture and water vapor removal equipment is to create a balanced drying system where the amount of moisture removed from the environment matches or exceeds what evaporation by our air movers produces.
What Types of Dehumidifiers Exist?
Removing water vapor from the established drying zones in your home often requires different types of dehumidifiers as conditions change throughout the year. Our SERVPRO of Lynn / Lynnfield team uses three main types of dehumidifiers when restoring and drying damaged structures. These include:
- Refrigerant – These are the most common dehumidifiers in restoration, and work much as air conditioners do. Water pulled into the system condenses on cooling coils, removing the moisture from the environment.
- Low Grain Refrigerant – Between conventional and LGR units, the primary difference is how LGR dehumidifiers can produce a lower humidity ratio. Beyond pre-cooling before reaching evaporator coils, the system works the same as conventional options.
- Desiccant – These options are ideal for lower temperatures and have the advantage of exhausting dry, warm air back into the drying zone after moisture removal.
Moisture removal from drying areas in the house requires a few dehumidifier types that our SERVPRO of Lynn / Lynnfield team uses. For efficient drying after a loss, give us a call at (781) 593-6663.
Where Should Homeowners Seek Help After Fire Damage?
If your home has fire damage, Contact SERVPRO for restoration.
Talk to SERVPRO Restorers in Lynn to Help You Restore Your Fire Damaged Home
The secondary damage of a fire can be more severe than the damage caused by the flames that engulfed your Lynn property. If left unattended for an extended period, your valuable items may get damaged beyond repair. Professional restoration within 48 hours minimizes or prevents further damage.
When is the best time to contact the restorers?
After the firefighters extinguish the flames, do not waste time. Contact our restorers immediately to handle fire damage in your Lynn property. We respond fast to our customer's emergency calls and begin the inspection and fire cleanup process. Our highly skilled restorers always aim to get our customers' homes to their preloss state as fast as possible. SERVPRO is a leading fire restoration firm. Some of the things we do when restoring fire-damaged homes include:
- Comprehensive odor removal
- Soot and smoke cleanup
- Water damage restoration
How can you protect my home and its contents?
Our priority during fire damage restoration is to secure the building. We can board up all openings to secure your property from intruders and extreme weather. Our restorers can use plywood enforced by two-by-fours to board up any openings. We can separate the salvageable contents from those damaged beyond repair. The content restoration team can take care of your rugs, furniture, among other possessions, for maximum recovery.
How do you remove smoke and odor?
Soot and smoke residues can reach just about anywhere, including inside ductwork and walls that look unharmed. The smoke even makes its way into stereos, appliances, computers, among other electronics. If not removed on time using advanced cleaning solutions and techniques, smoke residue can corrode metal surfaces and stain porous surfaces. Our technicians can use cleaners like stain scrub to clean high gloss surfaces and stainless appliances.
Immediate odor removal is essential since odor-causing compounds penetrate surfaces deeply, making it difficult to remove them. If you attempt to handle the process yourself, you can force the compounds deeper into the surface. Our technicians can employ several procedures involving multiple professional equipment and products to eliminate odors. For instance, if there are lingering odors on carpeting and upholstery, our SERVPRO team can use a pump and injection needled to inject small amounts of deodorant into confined spots. This odor removal method is effective in situations where restorers cannot lift the carpet easily to get to the backing material or padding.
Fire damage can be devastating, primarily, if not handled on time. Contact SERVPRO of Lynn / Lynnfield, to restore your property "Like it never even happened." Talk to us today at (781) 593-6663.
Will My Interior Be the Same After a Flood?
When floodwaters invade your home, contact SERVPRO for fast flood damage restoration.
Professional Flood Damage Recovery Ensures Your Lynn Home is Returned to Pre-Loss Condition
Flash flooding can come and go without warning, leading to varying levels of damage within the lower floor or basement of your home. While floodwaters in Lynn can bring a range of contaminants into your home, prompt attention and cleanup ensure that you and your family do not get subjected to harmful bacteria. At SERVPRO, we are Faster to Any Size Disaster, and we can come to you 24/7 for emergency restoration services.
What If There are Toxins in the Floodwater?
Flood damage in Lynn poses a threat due to the level of infectious and toxic substances that floodwaters carry. Our skilled technicians are vigilant about containment, and we always adhere to local regulations for the disposal of all fluids. To help minimize risks before starting on your flood loss job, we often overspray the impacted area with EPA-registered disinfectant. While on the job, we also:
- Seal off all workspaces with heavy-duty plastic sheeting
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) for safety
- Use foot coverings that eliminate the potential for tracking harmful biohazards into other unaffected areas of the house
- Use air-scrubbers that help to filter out dangerous residues
We Take the Time to Map and Monitor Moisture
Water migrates to drier spaces, and moisture tends to get into hard-to-reach areas or difficult to detect with the naked eye. Because of this, our team uses moisture metering and detection tools that help us to address hidden moisture before it has time to cause secondary damage. Along with applied structural drying techniques for airflow and dehumidification, the entire job gets wrapped up with the application of powerful cleaning agents for sanitization and deodorization.
When you need prompt flood damage assistance, we are here to help at SERVPRO of Lynn / Lynnfield. Call (781) 593-6663 to have a crew deployed to your home to make it, “Like it never even happened.”
Is My Home Susceptible to Mold?
Count on SERVPRO for mold remediation for Lynn Properties
All Homes in Lynn are Susceptible to Mold, but a Professional Mold Remediation Team Can Help You
Homes in Lynn and throughout the area are vulnerable to mold if the right conditions come together. Whenever there is excess humidity, mold spores find a friendly environment to grow and spread throughout your home. We often don't perceive mold until it becomes visible on our walls, or health effects develop. Rather than waiting until the situation escalates, place a call to a specialist as soon as you suspect mold.
Our team at SERVPRO meets your mold remediation needs in Lynn. Our team members are certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) as applied microbial restoration technicians (AMRT), a testament to their knowledge of the mold remediation process. Mold remediation protocols should occur as soon as you suspect mold, which can happen when you see it, smell it, or otherwise determine excess humidity in your home. Failure to address the issue quickly can affect your health. As we do our job, we coordinate with other contractors necessary to control the leak's site or the root cause for mold.
What steps does SERVPRO take to remove mold from my home?
Removing mold from your home is as essential as containing its spread. Our SERVPRO team trains and become experts in achieving optimal results while mitigating the risks associated with mold. A thorough remediation process includes removing mold from surfaces as well as mitigating its airborne effects. Some of the techniques you can see taking place in your home could consist of the following-
- Use of negative pressure air scrubbers with HEPA filters to avoid cross-contamination
- Ultra-low volume foggers to counteract airborne mold spores
- Ozone generators can also help clean the air in your home
Dehumidifiers and personal protective equipment also play an essential role in the mold remediation process. Our team at SERVPRO of Lynn/Lynnfield is here to help you through the process. Call us at (781) 593-6663 as soon as you suspect the problem and let us leave your home, "Like it never even happened."
How Can Water Restoration Professionals Help My Flooded Gift Shop?
Our technicians have state of the art equipment and experience to restore your Lynn gift shop to pre-damage condition. “Like it never even happened.”
Businesses in Lynn Can Depend On SERVPRO to Return Their Business to Pre-loss Condition.
Lynn is a lovely town and is the 5th oldest colonial settlement in Massachusetts. Today it is known for its immigrant population, contemporary public art, and historical buildings. There are many unique boutiques, gift shops, and other small businesses in the town. All of these are prone to water damage. The top four reasons commercial businesses experience water damage are leaky roofs, HVAC systems, leaking pipes, and faulty appliances. If any of these situations happen in your store SERVPRO is there to help.
What Do You Mean By Restoration?
After water intrusion damage, restoration is returning a business to a preloss condition. For SERVPRO, commercial water cleanup in Lynn goes beyond the basics that many restoration companies offer. We are water damage experts and provide services such as repairing the sub-flooring, relaying the carpeting, and resetting the contents after cleaning. Our goal is to put your gift shop back the way it was so you can return to what you do best.
What is the Process for Water Removal & Drying?
Before the restoration process can begin, any excess moisture needs to be removed. The building and the content need to be thoroughly dried as well. Our Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) certified technicians use powerful equipment and advanced technology to make sure both of those things get done in a timely manner. Our techs use the following when mitigating the water damage:
- Moisture Measurements – moisture meters, detectors, and probes determine the moisture in the air and ensure everything is drying properly. They are also used to find hidden moisture.
- Powerful Pumps – these can be truck-mounted or portable. Submersible pumps can be used in water two or more inches deep.
- Water Extraction Tools – this includes wet vacs, wands, and rovers. Wet vacs pull up water. Rovers use the technician’s body weight to push water out of material, such as carpets.
- Drying Equipment – Air movers and industrial-strength dehumidifiers get used in the correct ratio for your situation. They dry out content and pull moisture from the air.
Will I Need to Replace Most of My Gift Shop?
What can be salvaged instead of replaced is going to depend on the extent of the water damage and the items involved. Many businesses are surprised at what SERVPRO can restore with commercial water cleanup. We can clean and restore items such as:
- Carpet and padding
- Walls, ceilings, drywall, and installation
- Store fixtures
- Upholstered furniture
- Wood items such as desks, shelves, and bookcases
- Documents, photographs, and books
- Glass items
- Linens, drapes, and clothing
In most circumstances, it is more cost-effective to restore the item than to replace it. There are a few items where this is not the case, such as ceiling tiles, but overall that is the case. Our goal is always to restore instead of replacing whenever possible. We work with you and your insurance company to decide what gets saved and what is disposed of properly.
Can My Flooring Be Salvaged?
One of the things SERVPRO handles often is flooring restoration. Carpet and padding are salvageable if it has not been damaged so severely that it has come unglued. At that point, replacement is often the better option. Hardwood floors, resilient and non-resilient floors are restorable in many cases. Our crews can repair sub-flooring as well. When we repair the floor or install new flooring or carpet, our techs remove the content from your gift shop. Once everything is complete, the content gets returned to its original location.
What if There is Structural or HVAC Damage?
One of the first things the techs do is look for any structural damage. They deal with ceilings, walls, framing, and insulation every day. Water damage mitigation on structural elements may include repainting walls, refinishing woodwork, or controlled demolition.
The techs assess your HVAC system to check for possible water damage. If required, we can clean and repair impacted ductwork. They also check electrical components such as light fixtures and outlets for moisture. With SERVPRO, you don’t need to hire several companies to get the job done. We are a comprehensive water damage restoration company.
Getting You Back to Business.
Once our professional technicians clean, repair, and restore your store SERVPRO does a final inspection of the work to make sure you are satisfied. Our equipment gets moved out, and everything of yours gets moved back into place. Your gift shop at this point should look, “Like it never even happened.”
We understand the need for help the moment disaster strikes. That is why we are available 24/7 to assist you with any water or fire catastrophe. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Contact SERVPRO of Lynn / Lynnwood at (781) 593-6663 for expert flood damage service.
How Does Soot Get Removed from Lynn Homes?
SERVPRO Provides Advanced Equipment Like this Soda Blaster to Clean Fire-Damaged Houses in Lynn
Soot residues can be threatening to structures and their contents without effective fire mitigation and cleaning.
Cleaning is a vital element of fire recovery for Lynn homes and businesses and can involve multiple actions. Smoke and soot residues can become a substantial obstacle for fire restoration companies like our SERVPRO team responding to the emergency. Our experienced professionals can work to provide efficient solutions that protect the material underneath coatings and soils.
Soot is created from incomplete combustion and can become fire damage in Lynn homes that is widespread and hazardous to those exposed. Removing residues on structural elements and contents in the damaged areas of the house often requires similar approaches. However, content recovery can occur off-site at our nearby SERVPRO warehouse under the watchful eye of our cleaning experts. Soot removal and soil cleaning can often happen by one of these three main approaches:
- Soda/Media Blasting – Media blasting utilizes a product like crushed walnuts or baking soda with pressurized water or air to eliminate heaped soils from surfaces. While this is abrasive cleaning, it often does not damage the material underneath.
- Dissolving – Specific cleaning detergents and solvents are ideal for dissolving soils and soot depending on their type and composition. Our principle to follow is like dissolves like meaning that an oily soil requires an oil-based detergent for dissolving.
- Emulsification – Cleaners and products can also be used to pull soils from the surface through a repelling property. Once separate from the material, coatings can get rinsed away.
Is Controlled Demolition Necessary?
We have professional building trade experts who can respond with our fire restoration technicians to help with repairs and eventual build-back. Structure fires often require some degree of rebuilding.
Fire losses can be devastating when work does not begin in the house immediately. Our SERVPRO of Lynn / Lynnfield team is standing by 24/7 at (781) 593-6663.
Six Ways to Maintain Your Home
Simple home maintainence now can save you big problems later!
Summer is the perfect time to freshen up your home. This not only means home spring cleaning, but also home maintenance. After a long winter, many household items may need upkeep or repair. So get your gloves ready and check out these home maintenance tasks for spring.
- Change the air conditioner filter at least once a month. This puts less stress on the unit and allows it to work at maximum efficiency. Choose a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter which traps microscopic particles like mold, pollen, and dust. To replace the air filter, turn off the unit, remove the old filter, and then put the new filter in following the instructions written on its packaging. Don’t forget to also have your AC unit serviced before summer begins.
- Keep gutters and downspouts clean and in good shape to prevent household water damage. First, remove debris from the gutters using your hands or a garden trowel. Then use a garden hose to wash any remaining gunk away. Other things you should fix are sagging gutters and gutter leaks. Next, focus on the downspouts – check for clogs by inserting a garden hose in each of them. In case of a clog, remove it using a plumber’s drain snake.
- Check for animal damage as cold weather can drive animals such as squirrels, rats, raccoons, and opossums to find shelter in your home. They do all kinds of damage to get into your attic, basement or garden shed. Look for signs of chewing on exterior vents, wiring, and building materials. To prevent these critters from entering your home, make sure to seal any entry points and cover attic vents with solid materials. Also, trim the trees around your home.
- Clean your garage. Sort out the stuff in your garage into things to keep, to give away or sell, and to throw away or recycle. Pressure wash the floor then seal or paint it, and paint the walls too. Save storage space by installing hanging racks, storage shelves, and ropes or pulleys.
- Clean your fireplace. Give your wood-burning fireplace a makeover at the start of spring. Remove any ash and charred logs using fireplace tools, then clean the fireplace surround. Once the fireplace is clean, cover the area around it with a tarp. Don’t clean the chimney yourself – leave that to a professional chimney sweep.
- Check window and door screens. As it gets warmer outside, it’s important to prevent insects from entering your home. This means you should check for holes in the window and door screens. Patch holes that are bigger than the size of a quarter. Also ensure screens are securely fastened, lubricate door hinges, and replace broken hardware.
During summer, stay vigilant of thunderstorms and flooding. Learn how to prevent flooding and how to prepare for summer storms. For flood water damage repair and mold remediation service, contact your friends at SERVPRO of Lynn/Lynnfield at 781.593.6663