Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When your home or business property in Lynn, Lynnfield or Nahant Massachusetts has water damage from flooding or leaks, we have the expertise and equipment to properly restore your property. SERVPRO of Lynn/Lynnfield has been helping North Shore customers for more than 20 years and our experience and scientific approach to water removal and water cleanup enables us to thoroughly dry and restore your property.
At SERVPRO of Lynn/Lynnfield we follow all IICRC (the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification) protocols and are consistently modernizing our equipment and processes to always ensure that we are adhering to only the latest and best practices.
When you call SERVPRO of Lynn/Lynnfield you can be sure that our goal is the same as yours... to have your home or business dry and up and running as quickly as possible!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (781) 593-6663
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.